In a final attempt to help clarify the conversation with Layne Norton, I recorded this video response for everyone interested in seeing the breakdown of the science. I address multiple points he brings up in his response video and go further by bringing on a special guest to answer his red herring regarding the “HMB study”.
I truly hope this helps at least one person gain further clarification into this discussion and why it’s important to not take things at face value. Lastly, it’s important to discuss the power influencers wield on their followings and how the responsibility of their words and actions/reactions stem from the top down. I hope this helps. Love ya’ll, make positivity louder.
If you like this type of content make sure you Subscribe!
• Layne on Joe Rogan – https://tinyurl.com/y7lrk97w
• My Reponse to Rogan Podcast – https://tinyurl.com/yagrba89
• Layne’s response to my video – https://tinyurl.com/y8td9y3s
• Effects of a high-protein ketogenic diet on hunger, appetite, and weight loss in obese men feeding ad libitum
• The Three-Month Effects of a Ketogenic Diet on Body Composition, Blood Parameters, and Performance Metrics in CrossFit Trainees: A Pilot Study
• A low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet combined with six weeks of cross training improves body composition and performance
•Efficacy of ketogenic diet on body composition during resistance training in trained men: a randomized controlled trials
• The Effects of Ketogenic Dieting on Body Composition, Strength, Power, and Hormonal Profiles in Resistance Training Males
• Effects of a Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet on Power Lifting Performance and Body Composition
• Keto-adaptation enhances exercise performance and body composition responses to training in endurance athletes
• Fructose content in popular beverages made with and without high-fructose corn syrup
• Obesity Energetics: Body Weight Regulation and the Effects of Diet Composition
• Regulation of macronutrient balance in healthy young and older men
• Composition of weight lost during short-term weight reduction. Metabolic responses of obese subjects to starvation and low-calorie ketogenic and nonketogenic diets.
• Comparison of carbohydrate-containing and carbohydrate-restricted hypocaloric diets in the treatment of obesity. Endurance and metabolic fuel homeostasis during strenuous exercise.
• Fat and carbohydrate overfeeding in humans: different effects on energy storage
• Metabolic adaptation to high-fat and high-carbohydrate diets in children and adolescents1–4
• Effect of a 3-day high-fat feeding period on carbohydrate balance and ad-libitum energy intake in humans
• Carbohydrate intake and glycemic index affect substrate oxidation during a controlled weight cycle in healthy men
• Energy expenditure and body composition changes after an isocaloric ketogenic diet in overweight and obese men
•Dietary carbohydrate intake and mortality: a prospective cohort study and meta-analysis
Please watch: “Your Day One | What NOT to do in 2019”